“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mountain of Qi

I found out yesterday that the man who first appeared to be a moving mountain of Qi is the founder of the school. I mean his presence sweeps out before him like a wave before a ship's bow. When I first physically came into the school offices I experienced him and was introduced to many who have decades of TaiChi and Qigong experience, "masters."

What I have noticed in the last couple weeks is that most of the school population has no idea that this treasure trove of enhanced individuals exists here. I am probably not clear on it either, but I have some insight, and I see this is a result of the combination of Buddhism and Qigong. The Practice of the two in combined form, propels the insight exponentially. Why is this not taught? Ven. Madika is having a good time teaching meditation and Qigong because she can teach. She teaches as a westerner. She explains what is happening, what is important. The Jade Womon Qigong class is more asian style and I see the misunderstandings leading people off like red herrings.

Rajju Jim sent this:

Even if you are a monk, if your practice of the Way is not intense, if your aspiration is not pure, how are you any different from a layman?
Again even if you are a layman, if your aspiration is intense and your conduct wise, why is this any different from being a monk?
--Hakuin: Zen Master Hakuin (quoted in 365 Buddha: Daily Meditations by Jeff Schmidt)


If your practice is intense, you return to it over and over, this is fueled by the aspiration. The Practice begins to serve, to fulfill, and this is the Qi flowing, the dams and collections of stories, daily crap, being washed away. Energy, clarity and even freedom begin to show themselves like light breaking from the clouds. This is the experience, what comes of doing not just intellectualizing. And I know I could be doing so much more, could be making so much more effort, seeing the results is encouraging. We are all in this together, we are all wending our ways toward awakening. Awakening is so much more worthwhile than I have ever really thought it would be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment