“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mr Rogers was a wise man

The words of Fred Rogers, the avuncular steward of neighborliness, have become a mantra of sorts echoing around the tragedy on Boylston Street:
 
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
 
Abraham also reminds us that it is the contrast we seek between what we want and what we don't. There is value in tragedy, it brings out the best in us. So it simply is.

No comments:

Post a Comment