“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Thursday, August 29, 2013

wow, this is my roots

came across a documentary "Brother's Keeper" 2002 on Huluplus which Kim is sharing with us - the Derby/Emery world, great movie. Can see almost see how the cops might have seen the brothers, and how the brothers would see the events...completely different worlds.

The cops must have thought the farmers were throwbacks, pitiful monsters - the brothers offered the respect and trust the law deserves which is that culture's view point.

I had a similar moment at the clinic yesterday - woman came into the room like a big truck and challenged me about my living situation - did I live in a monastery? No, then I must be a lay nun, some other blahblah. I told her the living situation was less important than the intention and that I preferred to talk about the Dhamma or Buddhism when both parties are calm and quiet, perhaps over tea. She slowed down and tilted her head, then said "good answer." Apparently she is the judge of the world, well I am glad I was acquitted.
She declined meeting over tea.

Folks need to be given time and honored for who they are. Trouble is so few have time anymore. When we take the time, even just enough to take a breath, what a difference it makes.



No comments:

Post a Comment