“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Monday, March 24, 2014

paintings

Since starting this series of paintings, landscapes populated with people and critters and places that I would like to visit or build, I am so tickled with it, like building a city in a sandbox. So involved that when there is something not right, or is slightly off or incomplete, it affects me inside…that is if whatever is ‘wrong’ in the painting is not corrected my body responds, physically with odd sensations, Qi sensations. The paintings affect the Qi in my body, like a wind or sun, either too much or too little. The structure of the paintings has to be harmonious for the Qi to be in harmony, good lord what have I stumbled on? 

Is it the painting that reflects me or do I reflect the painting? 

Whichever, I guess it means this is ‘good art,’ my ‘ming’ or an alchemy straight from the heart. It has that freedom that a I recall from long ago, cupped in self acceptance, open to the world.

1 comment:

  1. "Is it the painting that reflects me or do I reflect the painting?" Yes.
    (Sorry to go all Zen on you).

    ReplyDelete