“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Sunday, December 23, 2012

a talk with Yellow Rope

a topic that is a personal favorite came up when talking with Jim the other day on the phone: The Power of Forgiveness. His daughter is in elementary school and so I mentioned the shooting in Connecticut, curious if they had had to discuss it. Jim mentioned that he felt compassion for the shooter but was uncomfortable with the reception he could expect from the public or coworkers etc if he stated that, it is something to not take lightly. I told him that in my personal experience being forgiven for hurting someone had changed my outlook on life dramatically, I found it radically healing. I believe it is easier for others to be forgiving if we model that behavior for them, that is a practice we can take on in our quest to gentle the human world. This is the practice of Generosity. Not just tithing, not just plugging the meter for someone else, but bringing forgiveness up in the heart/mind. It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment