“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Great Determination Sangha

I had to laugh last night, a classmate who had wanted to be a monk before marrying his high school girlfriend 25 years ago asked how my practice was, did I still have time for it? I wonder what he thinks the practice is...I actually am more aware of mindfulness and meditation throughout the day now, it's a 24/7 activity with variations but no stopping. You all know that, the GD Sangha is as good or better at it than so many other communities because this is what we emphasize, taking it off the cushion, so yesterday I watched myself run around like a chicken with its head cut off, losing three different items as the day went by and I did compassion meditation for me. There it is - the practice goes on, never ending like a river, if it got dammed or even if it dried up, it would just be elsewhere. It would still continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment