“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ven. Dr Karuna Dharma

This dear one has gone from this life and I will not see her again as she was. She showed us great kindness and gave us the Boddhisattva vows that mean everything to us since receiving them. At the Grand Ordination which she presided over and at which we were ordained,  her presence calmed that air like any wise adult  taking charge of a gaggle of children. When she perceived that the ordination itself was anticlimactic she suggested the Boddhisattva Vows to us and we accepted knowing full well the reality of the power and challenge involved. I felt then the knocking on the doors of the ages and multiverses and still do. When that occurs it is not just this lifetime that affected, it is all. How marvelous to be in touch with that now and forever. Another thing I recall was her concern for me, that I not be too hard on myself, she told me " you can have a cookie in the evening you know...it's ok." She also accepted us for the noble friends we are and saw the benefit outweighed the hardship. I have so often thought of her and her kindness and will always be grateful to have had her be a grandmother to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment