“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong

Sunday, June 1, 2014

earthquake

@19:40 a rumbley in the tumbley, borborygmus of the earth's tummy gave me a start, I didn't even have time to get the leash on the dog before it was over though. This was the first one I felt, the others were just loud and visual. The very first sounded like an explosion and was centered in Marina Del Rey 11 miles away and miles deep in the ground. The second sounded like an explosion too, I was walking the dog by a chain link fence that rattled and shook, I looked around for a fire ball but all I saw was the light posts swaying side to side. This one was actually bumpy and not very noisy. Weird, but I will take it any day over a tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment